When: Wednesday 25th October, 2017
Who: Everyone who is interested is welcome!
Where: Peter Greensill’s Farm – 194 Zillman Rd, Wallaville
- View the Greensill’s Wallaville Farm
- Explore the first Australian Canetec Harvester in the field with the EHS Chopper Drum
- See AGRI-CON haul-outs
- Rabobank talk – Peter Treasure
- Forward pricing update – Gavin Lerch
- NextGen Stepup Conference
- Drinks and nibbles thanks to Rabobank
Feel free to invite others to this event
Please RSVP for catering by Monday 23rd October by replying to this email or phone/text one of the reps below:
Gavin Lerch – 0418 798 225
Josh Buchbach – 0427559095
Angela Marshall – 0435799041
Grants to realise big ideas for agriculture from young rural innovators
Grant applications are now open for the 2018 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. If you’re 18-35, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue that will benefit Australia’s primary industries.
The Hon. Barnaby Joyce, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, launched the 2018 Awards.
The Science Awards encourage young scientists, researchers and innovators with original projects that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries. The Science Awards have already helped more than 210 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
There are eleven industry Science Award categories open for applications: cotton; dairy; established, new and emerging rural industries; fisheries and aquaculture; grains; health and biosecurity; meat and livestock; pork; red meat processing; viticulture and oenology and wool. Each category includes a $22,000 grant, and is generously supported by the research and development corporations and industry organisations as our Science Award partners.
Winners of the industry category Science Awards are then invited to apply for the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources’ Award, which provides additional funding for an extended research project.
Interested? Here are the next steps
- Go to GrantConnect and search for GO331 for more information and the application form
- Read the information for applican ts and FAQs and check your eligibility
- understand what each Science Award partner is seeking by reading their profiles and visiting their website
- discover what projects were successful in the 2017 round of the Science Awards
- start your application today using the application form from the GrantConnect website!
Applications close 5pm AEDT Friday 13 October 2017.
Need advice? Contact the Science Awards team at Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2303 / 02 6272 2260.
2018 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2018 Science Awards. Find out more about each organisation and their research priorities to help you in your application