Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is proud to deliver its 2013/2014 Annual Report.
QSL sold 2.975 million tonnes of raw sugar in the 2013/2014 Financial Year, with 3.765 million tonnes of raw sugar handled through the bulk sugar terminals.
Key highlights from the reporting period include:
· QSL maintained a strong focus on safety in the workplace, with a reduction in the Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) from 39.9 to 12.8 in the last 12 months
· QSL outperformed the market benchmark on a weighted average basis for QSL-managed ICE 11 pools by $9.22 per tonne IPS
· Value added through chartering and net premiums was $5.18 per tonne IPS
· QSL delivered 96.2 percent of shipments on time and in full for the 2013/2014
· QSL’s weighted average cost of funds was 2.9 percent for the reporting period – the lowest in five years.
· Gained ongoing support from banking partners until 30 June 2017, with continued access to a $500 million syndicated facility agreement to fund the Advances Program
· Signed a $500 million long-term contract with Korean refiners CJ Cheiljedang
Corporation, Samyang Corporation and TS Corporation, and marked a 40-year
partnership and more than 22 million tonnes in sugar sales.
· Marked a 40-year partnership with Japan and more than 21 million tonnes of sugar sales.
The QSL 2013/2014 Annual Report is now available via the QSL website at www.qsl.com.au.
Hardcopies are available from grower bargaining agent offices or by emailing